Tuesday, September 11, 2007

music to make babies to


After a four year hiatus, I'm finally R.O.C.K. in the USA again. I've fired up the ole mpc, upgraded reaktor, and plodded through the endless seas of cables. I've rekinded my love of sound, and let me tell ya baby. I missed ya. I missed ya real bad.
Tired of epic noodling and a hard drive filled with 16 second chunks of audio masturbation, I asked a friend if I could have a go at remixing one of his tracks. With a ready made track, ready to plunder I figured my unfamilarity with the source material (myself being of the glitch breakcore background and Mr. Cole being of the hairy acoustic rock background) would allow me to break free of my past production conventions, to ride this new musical fodder like the untamed bitch that she was, until I strapped on that saddle and rode her off into the sunset. It was a wild ride, through the dirty south with a bottle of Tussin in one hand and a 808 kick in the other, and into the sea, waves lapping at my feet, and the salty embrace of my mermaid mistress.Ahh, tuna tacos. I love you so.
Enjoy
option-click title to download

Labels: , , ,